Mary C. Faraday of Sag Harbor died on January 9 at the Westhampton Care Center, where she had been a resident since December 2007. She was 91.
Born in Newark, New Jersey, on October 12, 1917, to Henry F. Burns of Sag Harbor and Ellen Dwyer of Stamford, Connecticut, she settled in Sag Harbor in 1956. Employed by the Bulova Watchcase Factory in Sag Harbor, she was a member of the Columbiettes and the Altar Society of St. Andrew’s Church.
She is survived by two sons and their wives, Bill and Mary Faraday of Rockville Centre, and Robert and Laurie Faraday of Massachusetts; two daughters and their husbands, Marianne and Jerome Toy of Sag Harbor, and Ellen and Steve Sowa of Massachusetts; a grandson, Patrick; and five granddaughters, Kate, Emily, Rachel, Megan and Mary.
In addition to her husband, Ellis “Red” Faraday, who predeceased her in 1983, she was predeceased by two brothers, Joe and Frank, and a sister, Dorothy.
A funeral service was held on January 13 at St. Andrew’s Church in Sag Harbor, followed by interment in the church cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the St. Andrew’s Church Building Fund, 122 Division Street, Sag Harbor, NY 11963; Sag Harbor Volunteer Ambulance Corps, P.O. Box 2725, Sag Harbor, NY 11963; or St. Vincent de Paul National Council of the United States, 58 Progress Parkway, St. Louis, MO 63043-3706, would be appreciated by the family.