Hampton Bays Man To Sue Justin Bieber

0
5

A Hampton Bays man who said he was assaulted by pop singer Justin Bieber and his security team said last week that he intends to sue the celebrity.

According to reports, the brawl that erupted around 4 a.m. on August 4 down the street from the South Pointe Nightclub on Tuckahoe Lane in Southampton was over a bow tie that 22-year-old Hampton Bays resident Wayne Rennalls had loaned to a cocktail waitress. Later that night, when the waitress went to leave the club with Mr. Bieber and his entourage, Mr. Rennalls went to get the tie back from the woman but was stopped.

According to a Southampton Town Police report, Mr. Rennalls told police that after a verbal dispute with the security team, he threw a rock at Mr. Bieber’s black SUV, prompting eight to 10 men to exit the car and assault him.

This week, the attorney representing Mr. Rennalls, Colin Astarita, who has offices in Southampton, told several news organizations that he intends to sue the singer for the assault. Mr. Astarita was not immediately available for comment.

In video of the incident that is circulating on the internet, Mr. Bieber can be seen jumping out of the sunroof of his SUV and standing on the hood before jumping to the ground. The pop star then attempts to rush in the direction of the apparent dispute but is blocked by security. The video does not show the actual fight.

Police have said the department did not learn about the fight until later in the day, when, at 12:34 p.m., officers were contacted by the Peconic Bay Medical Center. The hospital was treating the local man for non-life-threatening injuries suffered during the incident, police said.

Facebook Comments