The Southampton Town Landmarks and Historic Districts Board recently recognized two structures, the White-Collins-Mulvihill residence at Spring Farm in Sag Harbor and the former Shinnecock Hills Train Station and Post Office, as designated landmarks. The circa 1900 home and property at 820 Brick Kiln Road, Sag Harbor, is currently owned by the descendants of Daniel Francis Mulvihill, who served as a naval liaison to the E.W. Bliss Torpedo Company and had purchased the property in 1921, and his wife, Anna C. McDonough. The property was once a part of Spring Farm, which encompassed 110 acres; a 75-acre preserve was established in 2001 in memory of Daniel and Anna, and in 2006 another 25 acres were preserved in memory of their son, William P. Mulvihill, a teacher of history and an author. The Shinnecock Hills Train Station and Post Office, located at 100 Hills Station Road, was built in 1887 and survives as one of the most aesthetically pleasing and architecturally unusual train structures on Long Island. Its design and construction supervision were performed by William S. Hoyt, who worked with contractor William Aldrich. In 1932, the Long Island Rail Road terminated service at the Shinnecock Hills station, and the property was acquired by the U.S. Postal Service. The building continued to function as a post office until 1966. The current owner is Ellen Kirwin, who purchased the property with her late husband. Over the past 40 years, the Kirwin family has systematically restored the building, which still has the original waiting room and ticket window.