Utility Pole Fire Causes Internet, Cable Television Disruption In Westhampton Beach

0
15

A fire on a utility pole across from the Westhampton Beach Village Hall on Wednesday morning disrupted cable television and internet in the area for several hours and left the Village Hall without power.

The fire broke out between 3 and 4 a.m. and burned the primary riser and wires going into the Westhampton Beach Police Department, officials said.

The wires were being replaced Wednesday morning, according to PSEG Long Island, and the job was expected to be finished sometime Wednesday.

According to Westhampton Beach Village Mayor Maria Moore, there was no electricity at Village Hall, and officials were powering the building with a generator. She also said the phone lines were out.

Optimum’s website addressed the outage with a statement on their website as soon as the cable and internet were restored.

“We strive to avoid any service disruptions but unfortunately a fire damaged the cable in your area causing the outage,” Optimum told affected residents. “We were on the scene as soon as we were given access, and worked hard to get you back up and running as quickly as possible.”

Facebook Comments
SHARE
Previous articles
Next articless