Carbon Monoxide In Westhampton Beach Home Sends Three To Hospital

0
37

Three children were transported to Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead on Sunday with minor symptoms after a vehicle was left running in a closed garage attached to their Westhampton Beach house, setting off carbon monoxide alarms, emergency responders said.

First Assistant Chief Ross Donneson said the Westhampton Beach Fire Department was called to the Beach Road home at around 3 p.m. Sunday. The firefighters used their equipment to determine that there were unsafe levels of carbon monoxide in the garage, where the car had been left running, as well as inside the home.

The three children complained of minor symptoms, such as headaches, that could have been attributed to the high carbon monoxide levels, and a Westhampton War Memorial Ambulance transported them to the hospital.

Mr. Donneson said the department used fans to ventilate the garage and the home with fresh air, and then retested it to determine that the levels had subsided.

Facebook Comments